The first step in accessing your new Microsoft 365 account is logging in. Follow these steps to log in for the first time.
To complete this step, you will need:
- A computer with internet access
- Your wmsi.com email address
- Your temporary password (get this from your subsidiary technology contact, this is the person who was listed for your subsidiary in the Welcome email that was sent out.)
- A device for second factor authentication (mobile phone, alternate email address, landline phone)
This step should take 10-20 minutes to complete.
- Go to microsoft365.com.
- Click Sign In in the top right corner.
- Enter your wmsi.com email address and click Next.
- Enter the temporary password you were provided and click Sign in.
- On the next screen that says More information required, click Next.
- Choose which second authentication method you would like to use and follow the instructions below:
- Microsoft Authenticator App (preferred) – Download the Microsoft Authenticator app from the Play Store (Android) or App Store (iPhone) smartphone. Follow the instructions on screen and on the app to set up the app. The easiest option is to use the Scan QR Code option.
- Text Message – On screen select I want to set up another method at the bottom of the screen. Select the Phone option and click Confirm. Enter your mobile phone number and make sure the Text Message option is selected. Click Next and follow the prompts to complete setup.
- Email – On screen select I want to set up another method at the bottom of the screen. Select the Email option and click Confirm. Enter an alternate email address (not your wmsi.com email address). Click Next and follow the prompts to complete setup.
- Phone Call – On screen select I want to set up another method at the bottom of the screen. Select the Phone option and click Confirm. Enter your phone number and make sure the Call me option is selected. Click Next and follow the prompts to complete setup.
- Once your second factor set up is done, update your password. Enter your temporary password as your current password and then enter a new password in the last two boxes. Make sure you remember your new password. (Tips for making a strong password)
- When asked if you want to stay signed in:
- If you are on a computer that only you use regularly, select Yes.
- If you are on a computer that you do not use regularly, or others regularly user, select No.
Step 1, Done!
Congratulations, you are now successfully registered with Microsoft 365!
Now that you are signed in and registered, you have access to the company’s new internal website, called SharePoint. Here are a couple things you should do now. Go to Step 2 to continue setting up your account.